The carrotmusic business idea is that “we shall offer a wide range of well-designed, perfectly finished musical products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to enjoy them.”
Carrotmusic started as a musical instruments dealer in 2009 .We have recently started to produce a series of musical instruments /accessories under our own design.Hopefully carrotmusic musical instruments can become a trusted choice for music lovers worldwide.
Q1.I’ve never play a chinese flute,will there be any instructions for me?
A1.Yes!Take a tour in our resource center where you’ll find lots of chinese flutes instructions for you to refer to.In case you couldn’t find what you need,you’re always welcomed to send us a message to enquire!
Q2.Sutting your Dizi
Basic Instruction for Dizi – Chinese horizontal flute
- Firstly,if you have an ‘assemble dizi’- Dizi that’s seperatable into two parts,assemble them slowly and make sure all the finger holes are on the same line. *Next you can check out our new page on “how to put on dizi membrane”!
- Secondly,cut a small piece-about 1.5cm of flute membrane (please note that the membrane should be doubled,cut 1.5cm out and cut the folded part open,and you’ll have a one layer membrane.)
- The second hole from the head is the hole for putting dizi membrane.Prepare a adhesive glue, use a bit of water to mix with the glue, then put the glue liquid evenly around the membrane hole.Put the membrane on to the hole – make sure you do not stretch the membrane too tight ,as they’re very thin and might break.It’s best to put it on to the hole evenly,and you can try to make some “wrinkles”on the membrane by rubbing the two sides gently as to produce the maximum effect.
- Now you can start playing the dizi. The posture and playing method is very similar to the western flute.
Addition note on how to read jianpu
- Chinese music notation usually are numbered notation called jianpu. Usually,you’ll see a note says”1=C” or other letter on the top left corner of the music script.The number 1 means “Do” in western notation,so the note”1=C” means its in C major.
- The number 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, means “Do,Re,Me,Fa,So,La,Si” respectively.While the dot below the number means one octave lower and the dot above the number means one octave higher.For example number 1 without any dotting in C major is middle C in western notation.
- Key signatures, barlines, and time signatures are also employed. Many symbols from Western standard notation, such as bar lines, time signatures, accidentals, tie and slur, and the expression markings are also used.
- The number of dashes following a numeral represents the number of crotchets (4th notes) by which the note extends. The number of underlines is analogous to the number of flags or beams on notes or rests in standard notation.
- In the present-day jianpu system, the melody is notated alone or with chords. Harmonic and rhythmic elements are left to the discretion of the performers.
The membrane is for producing vibration.Hence,every dizi will need a membrane to produce the unique chinese flute sound.They’re very thin inner skin of reeds ,so you’ll need to change them quite often.For frequent player,you probably have to change your membrane every 10 -14 days.
Yes,you can skip the flute membrane and use adhesive tape instead to start with.We also carry two line of elementary dizis with no ‘membrane hole’.But the sound for no membrane hole dizis or adhesive taped dizis would not be as favourable and original as the onces with flute membranes.
Beginner level dizi — CD101P and CD101
Beginner levels dizis with exceptional prices.Best for starter if you just want to give the instrument a try!Both lines come in 7 different majors to choose from- from Alto C major to Soprano B.
Intermediate level dizi – CD201
Intermediate levels dizis.They are good for daily practises and are better alternative to beginner level to start with – they have more precise tuning and better crafting and are also using higher quality bamboo in the production.Both lines come in 9 different majors to choose from-Alto C major to Soprano Bb.
Professional level dizi — CD301
Professional level dizis.They are suitable for all purpose including performances.The quality of sound,tuning,materials and crafting are of high standard.Makes a good instrument collection or even as a gift.They come in 13 majors , from Bass F to soprano Bb majors.
Performing level dizi — CD501 , CD501H , CD601 and U200
Performing level dizi.Highly recommended for serious player or anyone who would like an exceptional chinese flute.We also offer tailor made services for this level.For details please see “tailor made services”.The performing levels includes the rare U-shape dizis -YS-200(Double bass dizis).Performing level consist of 25 majors,from double bass C to soprano Bb majors.